Worth Visiting – Hinterthal, Austria.
Worth Visiting – Hinterthal, Austria
Hinterthal has a good selection of restaurants and bars and there is a bank with cash dispensers at the foot of the village. The ski hire shop opposite Haus Salzburg sells basic groceries. The ‘Umbrella Bar’ at the bottom of the black run on the base of the village is always a good place to stop and meet friends after a good days skiing and the last run down the Hochmais black piste. Very lively, with a smattering of Oomph music here and there for the Austrian touch.
Most hotels also have friendly and welcoming bars and restaurants to fall into at the end of a long day.
- Next door Hotel Jagdgut Wachtelhof offers the private Spa includes a hot tub, 4 saunas, and a fitness chalet. Various massage and beauty treatments, as well as Yoga lessons, are offered.
- The Steinbock hotel serves fabulous food and is situated at the beginning of the village near the Hochmais Chairlift.
- The Urslauerhof hotel and spa at the foot of the village on the right has a large terrace to enjoy a beer in the sunshine.
- Haus Salzburg is a British family run traditional Austrian chalet hotel with a friendly atmosphere and good food.
- Amelia’s Corner is an ultra modern bar/restaurant with a varied menu to cater for all tastes.
- The legendary ‘Alm Bar’ is situated in the centre of the village at the foot of the nursery slope- by far the liveliest place to be in Hinterthal if you fancy good knees up, with bands playing regularly and music into the early hours.
- The Simmonhof Hotel is directly across the road from Haus Sonnleiten serving traditional Austrian food and drink. Prices overall are relatively reasonable for a ski resort. You can buy your lift pass at Sportmayer shop and ski school in the centre of the village, or at the Hochmaisbahn station at the bottom of the Hochmais lift.